Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blind Cord Danger ALERT

Visit Parents For Window Blind Safety:


This video shows you how "safe" blind strings can become dangerous in seconds.


This shows how a child can be killed with a cord wind-up that is supposed to "keep them safe", or how even tying the blind cord as high as you can, may not be enough.

I'm not going to post more videos than that, because I'm pretty sure you get the point:  The blinds are nice.  They block out the sun really good.  They are dangerous as all hell, and not worth the risk.  We can't always prevent things from happening to our little ones, but this is one way we can.  Buy some curtains, remove this risk.  If you want to see more videos, you can go to their website, found HERE.  There are lots of them to watch, and they show how even roman blinds can be a danger.  If you have kids in your home, it is worth a look, atleast.


I for one didn't realize just how dangerous the cords were.  I have ONE blind in my house that uses a cord, and it's tied up so high that when the blinds are down, I can't even reach the cords myself unless I climb.  (I'm 5'5", so I'm not THAT short!)  But, when it comes to the safety of my children, I just can't knowingly keep it and put them at risk of something happening.  And I completely feel like it might never happen.  They might all be able to live side by side with this blind forever, without incident.  But my mother heart says that they might not, and I can't keep it up.  

children have been seriously injured or killed in the USA in the past few decades.

That number doesn't seem like a lot...unless one of those children are your own.

I just hope from this post that people will be aware of the dangers of window blind cords.  I can't learn something like this and not share it with as many people as possible.  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment