Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cloth Diapers...I'm Getting More Crunchy By The Day!

I got this one for .97 cents!  ($4.41 s&h)

I had to laugh last night when my husband came downstairs to ask me what the heck I was doing on the computer at 1am.  I was buying cloth diapers...and not just any diapers...CLOTH ones!!
Oh yes, this is a big step for someone who has prided themselves on being "chewy" granola, as opposed to "crunchy". I never thought the day would come that I would not only consider cloth diapers, but go out and order some.
I'm actually amazed by the prices I got some of them at!!  It's amazing what I got for such a small amount of money!  And now that I have two almost completely potty trained, and the baby is at least a year and a half away from being diaper-free, I figured the investment was going to be well worth it!  I have purchased 11 so far, and have my eye on two or three more.  They're so freakin cute!!  : )

This one was .97 cents too!  ($4.89 s&h)


It's exciting.  I love saving money, and next to free diapers, cheap ones are my favorite.  I'm going to auction one (boy print) as soon as it gets here and I look it over.  We'll see how it goes, and how much it sells for, but I have a plan for the "profit" money.

I'm trying to also make my own diapers.  I highly doubt that any diapers I make will EVER look like the cute ones here.  But they'll be so close to free, I have to try.  We have a stack of receiving blankets from the twins, and our baby only uses them for rolls beside her head in the car seat.  Since she's about 2 months from being in a rear-facing 3-in-1 car seat, she won't need them much longer.  And really, until then, we only need about 4...two for the car seat, and two for when those ones need to be washed.  We only paid .25 cents each for the blankets at a mom-2-mom sale when I was pregnant with the twins, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with them once the baby doesn't need them anymore.  This is just the thing!  And I have a stack of material from when I was making my mother a quilt (that's been a work in progress for more years than I'd like to mention!), and my MIL gives me all the nightgowns sent to her from HER mother in B.C. that don't fit her.  They're 2XL, and the patterns are SO nice!  Perfect for some cute diapers.  I wish I could find that AC adaptor for the sewing machine.  I'd be sewing up a storm right now!!
This was the first one I bought.
It was .97 cents...hard to pass up!!
($5.99 s&h)


 We'll see how I do when I get a chance to make my own.  If I'm any good at all, I am going to give a few to a friend, make a few for my own daughter, and maybe give a couple away in some kind of raffle.  Honestly though, sewing is not my greatest talent.

So anyways, I'll keep you updated on that diaper auction, and give everyone plenty of notice of when it will be held.  It will probably take 3-4 weeks for it to arrive, and I have a special plan for what I'm going to do with the profit.  (It will be donated...more details to come when the diaper arrives.)

I'll also keep you updated on how the whole sewing my own diapers thing goes.  LOL  I will take some step-by-step photos.  If nothing else, we'll all get a good laugh out of it.  ; )
This one cost $3.38. (FREE s&h!)
This one was $6.36.  (FREE s&h)



No comments:

Post a Comment