Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The World Needs To See This

As much as I wish this wasn't the way it is, it just is.  Television doesn't show circumcision the way it needs to be seen.  It doesn't show it for what it is.  This video really needs to be seen by everyone.  Maybe it would make it sink in a bit more...make people understand why they think the way they do about circumcision.  It's been treated as a joke, and it's SO not a joke.

My hope is that one day people will be overwhelmed with facts, and no longer be able to ignore them.


And I have a dream.  I dream that one day we won't have to even discuss this, because it'll just be common knowledge that circumcision is a violation of a child's human rights...and all people, regardless of age, gender, race, or religion, have rights and should be protected from genital cutting.  All people have the right to genital autonomy.  ALL people.

I dream of a world that knows our children are born perfect exactly the way they are, and don't need to be "fixed" by mutilating their bodies without their consent, and most often, as they scream for help only to be ignored.

I dream of a world where mothers will follow their instinct to protect their young, and never ever ignore that to please an adult.

I dream that one day I will be able to be excited when I hear of people having a son, instead of feeling this horrible dread...did I tell them enough information?  Did they listen?  Are they going to ignore the facts and listen to the lies and old wives tales they've been told?

I dream of a world where babies aren't strapped down to a table and have their foreskin clamped, torn, and then cut away, when they should instead be safe in the arms of their loved ones being told just how perfect they are.

I believe that all dreams can come true, and that a few small voices can make a big difference.  We need to stand together and fight for the rights of the people who are unable to say NO, but who deserve to live their lives with their WHOLE body, perfect and complete, as they were designed.  The inability to say no does not mean yes.

Babies are born perfect.  Lets keep them that way.





I want to warn you, this is graphic.  But it needs to be seen.  Circumcision is graphic, and is a reality for millions of baby boys every year.  If these tiny newly born babies are forced to live it, it's only fair that adults are forced to see it for what it really is.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that Blogger has put a content restriction on this. I agree that it needs to be seen.
    Did you put the restriction on, or did Blogger do it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the content warning on my blog myself, right from the start. As much as I believe that the information on this blog needs to be seen, I'm also a mother of three. I know that if my own children were surfing Blogger, I would atleast want to know they had been warned before clicking onto a blog where they were seeing images and videos of things as graphic as circumcision.
    (I know these days kids click right past that content warning, but no one can ever say that I didn't put it up there!) ; )
    The warning really just prevents any angry parents from coming after me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Glad to have found you. :)
    Hope you'll consider joining my blog too. It's called "CIRCUMCISION INSANITY" http://circumcisioninsanity.blogspot.com/
    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete