Tuesday, August 14, 2012

They're Starting School Soon...

Well, maybe you don't care.  But I thought I'd update about my twins starting school.

They have their vaccine exemption forms handed in.  They have a "Lemonade Picnic" to meet their teacher and the other kids in their class, at the end of the month.  And then, a week and a half into September, they start JK.  (Junior Kindergarten, for those that don't know what JK is.)
They'll be going 2-3 days a week, full days.

I cannot even tell you how anxious I am.  I'm trying to pretend that it's not bothering me.  But it is.  I am so unhappy about them going to school.  They JUST turned 4 in June.  This is ridiculous.  I don't think children need to go to school before they're 5...and really...they don't EVER need to go.  I could teach them JUST FINE at home.

But they're going.

The only reason they ARE going when I'm so against it is because I'm afraid that I'm projecting my own feelings about school onto them.  And that's not fair.  I HATED school...but what's to say they will??  My job is to show them the world...to give them every opportunity, and to let them do things they want to do, even if just for the experience of it.

They're going to be given an opportunity to try it out.  And if it doesn't work out, I'll homeschool them.

Maybe this is normal...this anxiety.  Maybe it's because I know we're going to be apart, and I don't want that at ALL.  Maybe it's the fact that suddenly they just seem like they're growing up so fast...too fast...
I don't know.  I just know I'm sad about the whole thing.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about this for right now. 

Even the "baby" is growing up too fast for me...

Maybe it's knowing we won't get to do this again until next year...

I wish we could live at the beach.  Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment